What SURFCAM Users And Industry Leaders Are Saying
- "We consider Surfcam Velocity a best in class CAD/CAM software and utilize all aspects from
TrueMill to 4- and 5-axis programming. With the recent use of TrueMill we have seen cycle times reduced by 30% to 65%.
The GUI is one of the best I've seen and ease of use second to none."
Micheal Tamplin, Park Engineering & Manufacturing Corp.
- "I can say without a doubt that the new SURFCAM Velocity 4.0 is amazing and easily the best CNC programming package
available today. Surfcam was the best 20 years ago and in my experienced opinion it is still the best. Surfcam 4.0 allows me to do things with
CNC machines that at times hardly seem possible."
Charlie Vetter, PS Stix, Inc.
- "SURFCAM drives tool paths, without flaws, over some of the worst data --
even surfaces generated from STL files, sometimes numbering into the hundreds of thousands of small
triangulated surfaces. This allows us to machine crazy geometry typically found in files from 3D
point or laser scanners. Then there is Cloud of Points (COPious). If you are working with scanned
data and must have a single surface you cannot beat SURFCAM. All together, some of the most
challenging projects can be easily completed with SURFCAM in your software tool box."
Aaron Noble, GT Virtual Concepts
- "Most of our projects have been really challenging, and there has not been one that I have not
been able to do perfectly with SURFCAM" (more)
Salvador Aguillon, Creative Teknologies
- "Most people don't believe that a CAD/CAM software package can create surfaces good enough to get a really
nice surface finish. They all think you need Alias, or Catia, to get something really nice. Not so! All you need is SURFCAM." (more)
Steve Hetrick, SWH Design
- "Using SURFCAM Velocity, our CNC sounds better cutting at 650ipm than it did cutting with legacy
toolpaths at 175ipm."
Bruce Thomas, RPM-PSI, Inc.
- "TrueMill will greatly assist us in being more competitive in the future."
Dan O'Brien, President, O'Brien & Associates
- "We have been using SURFCAM for many years and did not hesitate when we needed to invest in a
second seat of CAM software. We are a contract toolmaker, making intricate plastic injection moulds and SURFCAM is hard to
beat for the speed and flexibility needed for contract work."
Keith Squires, Classic Tooling Limited
- "In SURFCAM Velocity 4, the 3D Offset and 3D Rest Machining are awesome. I am very impressed with
these features. The 3D Rest Machining just saved me over five cut hours! Another great new feature is -- create/spline /surface boundary/silhouette.
It eliminates a lot of extra steps. I now use Compare on all my molds and parts - we even found design errors - it's a life saver.
How did I ever get along without it? And so easy to use. SURFCAM Velocity 4 is saving me hours of programming and cutting time."
Mike Hildebrand, K2 Sports
- "SURFCAM has enhanced our whole operation. It's letting us take on jobs that other folks
either can't or won't."
Donald O. Hawk, Jacob Mold
- "Yesterday, I cut 28 corners using our NC software (SURFCAM) - something that would have taken
us three weeks to do by hand. We are still able to get the look and feel of something that is hand-shaped using NC software
and a router. It's amazing! The software lets me do what I need to do...The support we've received couldn't be any better."
Randy Cockrell, Tiffany Yachts
- "We're always looking for ways to save money without compromising production or product
quality. SURFCAM is one of the tools that helps me to do just that." (more)
Jon Kammerer, Jon Kammerer Guitar
- "The ongoing innovations in SURFCAM provide us with the confidence to program parts both
accurately and efficiently. Using SURFCAMs MachineWorks verification, we are able to produce quality results in a
fraction of the time versus previous methods. This reduction in programming time has truly boosted our shops
Ian Adie, Western Industrial Tooling
- "SURFCAM does a great job letting us create features with minimal setups. Another good
thing about SURFCAM is they keep coming back and asking the machinist and the programmer what they want. When they
come out with a new revision, the sales people keep in good contact."
Spencer LeFevre, Klune Industries
- "SURFCAM has had a huge impact on the business and our ability to get things done."
Len Post, Harken Yacht Equipment
- "The client kept telling us that we wouldn’t be able to mill a part like that with the
desired surface finish. But of course, we did. They gave me a sketch of the part; I drew it up in SURFCAM, programmed
it, and cut it out of aluminum. We just love doing the impossible. SURFCAM, in particular, is the closest thing to
magic that I’ve seen here in Batesville. We wouldn’t be where we are today if it weren’t for this software...We can
go toe-to-toe with any competitor."
Gary Blair, Batesvilling Tooling & Design, Inc.
- "SURFCAM is powerful yet easy to learn and very user friendly."
Michael Schuffert, RKS Designs, Inc.
- "We knew that the investment we were making in 5-axis capabilities was an investment in
the future of our business,… We were concerned about the time it would take us to be productive with our new equipment,
but that’s what has impressed us the most about SURFCAM. The immediate impact that our new machine has made on our
business is a testament to the ease of use and competence of the SURFCAM software. It has really provided a seamless
transition into a whole new world of capabilities that we are eager to explore."
Rick Ward, Owner, WARD Performance
- "In the first two weeks of using SURFCAM, I completely modeled a complex part for Honda
and generated the toolpaths."
Eric Fehrman, Fehrman Tool & Die
- "Our moldmakers have an average of over 25 years experience, building hundreds of molds
per year for a variety of customer, using the latest computer technology. Because of SURFCAM’s ease of use and short
learning curve, it is now as standard on the shop floor as the 1-inch micrometer. We currently have nineteen seats of
SURFCAM, more than we ever expected to have. It's a powerful package for a mold builder, with many features that make
Tim Peterson, Industrial Molds, Inc.
- "SURFCAM’s reliability has decreased our programming time. What used to take us three days
now takes us just three hours. I would have to rate the product a ‘10’, without a doubt."
Gene DeGennaro, Mars Manufacturing
- "We are the only company in the world that currently makes Porsche heads from billets.
They are stronger and cool more evenly... Using SURFCAM to create models is very easy. Just about 100% of the time,
if we create the surfaces correctly, the resulting part will perform perfectly on our dyno testing engine. I don't
consider myself a rocket scientist, and I'm not on the computer all of the time, so I need something that's fast and
easy. We also use it to provide a visual illustration of our work for clients that visit the office."
Scott Cousimano, CMW Racing
- "We’ve been using SURFCAM for about three years now, and it has definitely given us a
competitive edge. Our engineers are confident that they can machine just about any part that we can throw at them...
It’s a very fast product. In one test we conducted, our previous NC program took 4 hours to verify toolpaths because
it was geared towards solid geometry rather than surfaces. SURFCAM verified the same toolpaths in 5 minutes, because
it has been designed to work with surfaces. The difference was incredible...For our business to be successful, we
knew that we had to have a software program that defined and machined surfaces extremely well. When it’s all said
and done, we need to have good surfaces that we can machine. And that’s what we get with SURFCAM."
Rick Gould, Polymer Corporation
- "The software is invaluable. It allows us to repeat very fine steps, all the while giving
us precise control over where we are inside the cavity."
Byron Hines, Vance & Hines Motorsports
- "Using common sense and the help files in the program, it literally only took two days of
using the software until I was cutting heads. We have also been very impressed at the finish quality of the ports as
Rick Omdahl, Programmer, WARD Performance
- "We estimate SRM has cut our rough machining programming time in half and since we can be
more aggressive, we’ve cut rough machining cycle time by 30%"
Bud Tschudin, Modacam
- "SURFCAM has tremendously helped us to speed up operations."
Tom Sipek, Flexpak Corporation
- "For us, lights out machining is a big deal - we’re small and it gives us that competitive
edge. With SURFCAM’s SRM, we have more confidence that the finishing operation is going to run smoothly over night when
nobody is here because there is a consistent step that is being removed. We don’t have to worry about the tool gouging
or breaking and we have a dead even finishing pass. In essence, it’s like adding a second or third shift without
increasing labor costs."
Jonathan Elrod, Modacam