November 30, 2007
Westlake Village, CA – November 30, 2007 — Surfware, Inc., developer of SURFCAM® CAD/CAM systems, today announced the release of SURFCAM
Velocity version 3.0 SP2. Major enhancements in service pack 2 (SP2) include compatibility with the Windows Vista operating system and support for SolidWorks 2008.
“In today’s marketplace, a website is an international calling card,” says Stephen Diehl, President and CEO of Surfware. “We are pleased
to have a new way to provide constantly updated communication between Surfware, its clients and its partners. The site allows us to offer clear and current
information on our solutions and services.”
SURFCAM Velocity is now Windows Vista™ compliant ensuring that SURFCAM Velocity runs on the latest computer hardware and software. A major aspect of Windows Vista compatibility is how SURFCAM
uses Microsoft DirectX® graphics technology, enabling superior graphics performance.
Another major enhancement is the associativity to SolidWorks 2008 parts and assemblies. The associativity link dynamically monitors engineering changes and automatically updates all necessary
toolpath operations in SURFCAM. This benefits users of SolidWorks, SolidWorks PDO (Parts Design Only) and the recently introduced SolidWorks PD&A (Parts Design & Assemblies).
"We have received overwhelming positive feedback since we released version 3.0, which includes all new 4- and 5-Axis machining operations and knowledge-based programming templates.", said Sashko
Kurciski, Product Manager, Surfware. "In Service Pack 2, users will immediately notice SURFCAM’s more powerful graphical performance and increased overall speed."
Other enhancements include:
- Faster Geometry Selection: This enhancement is particularly noticeable when using the MultSelOn mode for selection of a large number of elements. This includes point cloud data and
large complex surface parts.
- Faster Processing: Planar and Z-Finish toolpath operations now process faster when using containment boundaries.
- Faster Loading: All .SCPRT files now load faster. Any slow loading issues in 3.0 SP0 have been fixed.
- Grid Points Display: The improved display of the grid points allows better visualization of the current CView. The
grid points are now transparent and their visibility can be adjusted.
- Improved CAD Interoperability: Support of the most recent releases from Autodesk®, Catia®, Pro/Engineer®, and UG® (NX) has been refined to ensure accurate data exchange.
As with every release, we progressively improve our flagship TrueMill milling technology to achieve even higher volume removal rates and longer cutter life. Contact Surfware to find out how to leverage
the powerful TrueMill engine on your equipment.
About Surfware, Inc.
Surfware develops SURFCAM Velocity CAD/CAM systems for two- through five-axis NC programming and machining. The company grew
out of three generations of Diehl family machining experience. Surfware's current president, Stephen Diehl, has thirty years experience in machining,
physics and programming and is personally involved in development of the TrueMill technology.