February 17, 2010
Camarillo, CA – February 17, 2010 — Surfware, Inc., developer of
SURFCAM® CAD/CAM systems, today announced that starting with the release of SURFCAM V5, a FREE Student Learning version is
available for download at www.surfware.com.
Surfware will be making available a FREE Student Learning version available for download to:
- Students that would like to learn NC programming at home
- SURFCAM users that want to continue developing SURFCAM skills, but haven’t the time to do so in their work setting
- NC operators that want to understand and learn SURFCAM on their own time
The benefits of this FREE Student Learning Version are:
- No SIM or security code required
- All the SURFCAM options and modules are supported with the exceptions of TrueMill and native translators
- The ability to open and work with Native SolidWorks (SLDPRT and SLDASM) files
- The ability to open and work with native Mastercam (MC) files
- Reading of ACIS, DWG, DXF, IGES, SAT, X_T, X_B, PAR, VDA, CDL, NCC, CM, GR, INV, SCCLT, ASC, MC, SCPRT and SCEDU files
- The ability to save only to SCEDU format
- No output or export capabilities
- No post processing
This SURFCAM V5 Student Learning Version is available for download at
The SURFCAM Student Learning Version contains help, videos, tutorials and a "Get Started" manual,
but does not include access to the Surfware support staff. SURFCAM Student Learning Version users are encouraged to contact
their local SURFCAM resellers to learn more about all the new features and functionality in SURFCAM V5.
About Surfware, Inc.
Surfware, Inc., the developer of SURFCAM CAD/CAM systems and the award-winning TrueMill technology,
provides world class solutions for today's manufacturing challenges. Surfware, Inc. is dedicated to continuous innovation
and development of new technologies that increase customers' machining productivity and profitability. Surfware's goals are
to provide top-quality technology, customer service and world class solutions that allow its customers to gain a competitive
edge in a changing global marketplace.